Why Not?

6:00 AM


Recently, I went into a Rainbow shop to browse around and I came upon this gorgeous denim dress. I immediately started getting all kinds of winter overalls/denim jumpsuit kinda vibes from it. I just had to have it! But, when I got to the rack, I noticed that this dress was several sizes too big for me. Bummer...I hesitantly started to return it to its rack and let the search continue.

But then I started thinking of all the ways I could style it as an oversized dress. It wouldn't work in the summer time, as I would need to put something under it...but it is perfect for winter-time layering. Furthermore, what really was drawing me in (pun intended, you'll see) was the drawstring. This would cinch in my waist while allowing the top to be baggy and the bottom to flow as necessary.

Nevertheless, I was still not 100% sold just yet. "Let me look at the price, that'll help me decide," I thought to myself. Any more than $15 and it's not worth it.

Guess what? THIS DRESS WAS $3.00. Yes, THREE DOLLARS. I was running out of reasons to not get it.

So, I thought, "Why Not?"


This little shopping tale is where fashion meets reality for me. Honestly, I think we can get caught up in the "rules" too much. We are often given stigmas, labels, and guidelines and told to follow it. But when we do, we can miss out on something extraordinary. For example, when I saw the size of this dress, I could've gone with my first thought, put it back on the shelf, and continue browsing. If I had let the size of the dress talk me out of buying it because it wouldn't fit, then I would be missing out on a dope outfit like this!

PS - Shopping tip: if an item is oversized but has a drawstring like this, it will emphasize your waistline so that your shape doesn't get lost in the sauce. 



Moral of the story: Sometimes, in fashion and in life, you have to make your own rules.

So girlfriends, if you see something you like that's outside of your usual norms BUT the perks add up, just go for it. In the famous words of our Queen, Beyonce: "I see it, I want it...I dream it, I work hard, I grind 'til I own it." Queens, try something new. Break the rules. Better yet, make your own rules ♥

Unapologetically,
Pam
xoxo

Dress: Rainbow  |  Top, Tights, & Boots: Target  |  Cross Earrings: Forever 21



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice dress and I love a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, me too! I was so happy when I found this dress, can't wait to rock it again ♥

      Delete

Copyright © 2024 Unapologetically Pam. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.