You Are a Force

6:00 AM


Recently, a woman came into my job. As I opened my mouth to speak to her, she said to me, "Wow, you are such a force! Like, you have an incredible presence. I was not expecting to be greeted with a spirit and presence like yours when I walked in here today." I was stunned as I murmured a thank you, and we moved quickly into a meeting. But her words have stayed with me, months later. 

You see, when she said that to me, I was feeling particularly broken. I've blogged openly about my life in the last few years here in Chicago, so you know part of my story. Sometimes, when I'm in a particularly low place mentally and spiritually, I'm just trying to make it from point A to point B, until I can get back home and hole up in my room, away from the world. This was one of those days. I was just trying to make it. Then, in walks this beautiful, vibrant woman who took one look at me and saw a kindred spirit. She saw something in me that I couldn't see for myself at the time:

My brokenness couldn't hide my strength.

Sometimes, we forget that we have power. Sometimes, we forget that we have presence. Sometimes, we forget that we have the potential to change the atmosphere.

Sometimes we forget that we are beautiful, smart, and cherished beyond belief.

Sometimes, we need to be reminded that we are capable. We are brilliant. We are strong. We are loved beyond measure.

So girlfriend, I hope you move through this week with power, and know that even when you don't feel it, you matter. You are worthy. You are a force 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely post, I like your blog!!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, beauty!!! I'm heading over to your blog right now to check it out! xoxo,
      Pam

      Delete

Copyright © 2024 Unapologetically Pam. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.