Movie Review: FOCUS

4:38 PM

So, ya know how movies are a thing that I love and adore? Yeah, well I've been slacking on my movie posts! If you've been following me for a while, you probably know why I haven't had time for many movies. But, I'm getting back in the swing of things. And I figured what better way to jump back in than with a movie review?

My Honey Dip and I have a designated date night each week (attn lovers: GET YO LIFE and try to ensure that you don't forsake that quality time). This week, we decided to see Focus. If you don't know what it's about, here's the preview:


Here's the plot storyline from Internet Movie Database: "Nicky Spurgeon is an extremely accomplished con man who takes an amateur con artist, Jess, under his wing. Nicky and Jess become romantically involved, and with Nicky's profession of being a liar and a cheater for a living, he realizes that deception and love are things that don't go together. They split, only to see each other three years later... And things get messy."

Things get messy, indeed!


In an attempt to not give away spoilers, I'm just gonna highlight some things I enjoyed about Focus:

1) Will Smith.

2) The cast was incredibly diverse! This isn't a "black" or "white" or "Latin" or "Asian" film. Instead, the main cast ran the color spectrum and I appreciated that.

3) The movie was very tastefully done. From the clothing to the music, I felt like they really drew me in. I really appreciated the music choices because they put me in the mind of James Bond.

4) It was light and fun. And not like "Tower Heist" light and fun, but more like "Ocean's Eleven" light and fun. Nothing too over the top, but solid acting and an enjoyable plot with twists and surprises.

5) I loved the chemistry between Will Smith and Margot Robbie. She was just perfect for this role, showing raw emotion and vulnerability. And Will was the perfect balance for her, with his unpredictable attitude and approach to his character. It made for a really enjoyable movie relationship.


Now, here are some recommendations I have for you if you plan to see this film:

1) "Comparison is the thief of joy." Remember that. I know I mentioned Tower Heist and Ocean's Eleve, but this film really isn't like those. And if you go in expecting something like these films, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Take the film for what it is: an enjoyable con-man movie.

2) Go with someone who likes to laugh. I swear yall, bae and I were cracking up laughing the whole time. But the rest of the theater was silent. It was like the other 10 people (we went for a matinee showing lol) were watching a different film from us. Why would you watch a movie like this if you don't want to have fun?

3) Have a drink (if you're over 21!) before or during the film. It makes it even more fun! Lol.

Overall rating: 7.5/10. Very enjoyable film. I had a lot of fun! Let me know if you plan to see it or what you're hoping to watch soon.

(PS - Click on the "movies" label below if you wanna see more movie posts from me! *cyber high five*)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright © 2024 Unapologetically Pam. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.