Roll Out the Red Carpet: Oscar Predictions

1:11 PM

I wouldn't consider myself to be a "movie buff" per se, but I do LOVE movies. I enjoy following box office results, reviews, etc. So, here, I'm going to list the movies I believe will be nominated for Oscars. Now, I doubt that all of these will be nominated for Best Picture, but they should make it somehow on the list once all is said is done. These aren't in any particular order, btw, and I've included a "maybe" list. Also, just for my own pleasure, I'm gonna add some of my personal favorites and disappointments of the year. Enjoy!

Predictions for the 85th Annual Academy Awards:
Argo
Flight*
Zero Dark Thirty
Rust and Bone
Life of Pi*
Lincoln
Django Unchained*
Les Misérables*
The Master
Cloud Atlas*

Peut-être:
Silver Linings Playbook
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Moonrise Kingdom
The Sessions
The Impossible
Hitchcock
The Deep Blue Sea
Rise of the Guardians*


My Personal Favorites of 2012:
THE AVENGERS (yes, in all caps)
The Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall
Hotel Transylvania (this movie brought me such surprising joy and laughter on a day when I just wanted to feel like a kid again. I had gummy bears, my 3D glasses, and lots of happiness)
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Ted
Men in Black 3 (seriously, Josh Brolin as Tommy Lee Jones? Amazing.)
Think Like a Man (Dude, this movie made me laugh so much. Plus, DJ and I got to re-visit Plato's Allegory of the Cave after watching it lol)
Safe House
21 Jump Street
The Words (this movie moved me in such an amazing way. I'll admit that at times, Bradley Cooper did not wow me...but man, Zoe Sandana, Dennis Quaid, Jeremy Irons, Ben Barnes, and Nora Arnezeder were just mind-blowing! And the music, oh my gosh! It brought me to tears. I hope that this movie wins things in the awards seasons, but it doesn't appear to be on the radar.)

Disappointments of 2012:
Wrath of the Titans
Dark Shadows
Snow White and the Huntsman
Total Recall
Red Tails
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Good Deeds
Alex Cross
Battleship
Won't Back Down
The Man with the Iron Fists

 *denotes one of my personal favorites that are on my Oscar list, rather than my favorites list

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright © 2024 Unapologetically Pam. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.