Superhero: A Recap

8:49 PM

So, there's been LOTS of hype around the new Batman movie, and while it is outstanding, I would not DARE go so far as to say "best superhero movie" of all time. Which got me thinking, what are my top picks? Well kiddos, here's my list. And obviously you don't have to agree, but here's my take on the Superheroes:

1) The Dark Knight and The Avengers - That's right, a TIE! These two movies were perfect in my opinion, 10/10 for both. The Dark Knight perfected emotions and action while The Avengers perfected comedy, action, and fantasy (and HOTNESS, geez!). They are the end all, be all of superhero movies for me. I'm not sure if any superhero movie will ever top them, but that's not to say that there won't be any FABULOUS movies to come in the future.

2) The Incredibles - YES, I did include an animated film on this list. But it's just so DAGGUM good! I still get chills whenever I watch it. The characters are wonderfully developed and portrayed, the comedy is good, the action is good. I seriously love this movie. While some may believe it doesn't "belong" on this list, I say forget that! I love this movie, and it's on MY list!

3) Transformers - Oh, SNAP, I loooove this movie so much! Shia LeBeouf, YES! I laughed, I cried (well, almost, when I thought they were going to kill Bumblebee). This is just an  OUTSTANGING film, all around! So good, soooo good!

4) Iron Man - Yes, Tony Stark has my heart and won't let it go. I remember being so moved by this movie, by it's raw emotion, comedy, and the thrills of this, for many, this new superhero. Well, new to the big screen, that is. Robert Downey Jr. outdid himself on this one, ladies and gents. He is Tony Stark Iron Man.

5) The Dark Knight Rises - Tremendous film, I commend Christopher Nolan and the cast and crew for just an outstanding film. And the ending, OMG! I was screaming in the theater lol!

6) Iron Man 2 - No extra details here, again, Tony Stark has my heart.

7) Thor - I tell you, there's just something about that Chris Hemsworth! Man, oh man! I loved this movie SO much. But, also, let me note that I love Greek mythology (so this was fun for me to thumb through my Edith Hamilton book to get the details on the actual mythological characters). In addition to this, I looove Kenneth Branaugh's work. When I heard he was directing this, I was so excited and it did not disappoint.

8) Batman Begins - 1st installment of Nolan's trilogy makes it 8th on my list, very enjoyable movie!

9) Captain America - This movie was just so fun. I'm a big Hugo Weaving fan, he's such a delicious, villainous character. I love to see him play the bad guy, he does it so well!

10) The Indredible Hulk - Fun, awesome films!

Honorable Mention: So, I'm pretty sure that V for Vendetta isn't a "superhero" film, per se, but it is certainly heroic! If I could put this movie on my list, it would be probably #2 or 3. Seriously, one of my favorite films of all time. The main character, "V" is just amazing. And a serious butt-kicker! Love it!

That's it, folks! Thanks for reading :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright © 2024 Unapologetically Pam. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.